Saturday 11 April 2009

Momentos

When Kev and I moved to UK we decided we would try and live as thriftfully and as simply as we could, buy only what we needed to survive in our house and try to not accumulate much stuff we would have to ship home later. And in some ways we have stayed true to this goal. Currently we have 2 knives, 6 spoons and 3 forks. (from an orginal 8 each set). The rest of our stainless steel items rusted nearly a year ago... We have 2 pots, 1 frying pan, 4 plates, 4 bowls, and 2 strainers... now for the most part we have been able to get by. It is not uncommon however for Kev and I to eat meals out ususing tupperwear lids ect. The one exception to this rule is our mugs. This collection has grown steadily since our first anniversary when we bought our simpsons steins. These mugs have now become dear to us or mainly me and we be coming home with us (the very thing I tried to avoid)....

2 comments:

  1. Hahha... Nice collection!
    I'm proud of you guys for being thrifty!! Mike and I are trying to be a bit more thrifty too... it's SO hard. All's I want to do is shop for new clothes!
    I saw a dress that I wanted in Vancouver, but since I had no money I decided that I would take up sewing! Just pillows so far... but hopefully an adorable yellow pinstripe summery dress with white buttons one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ********************** <- that was Charlie's contribution.

    I'm just going to leave the comment above on Mike's account. I think he'd look pretty hot in a yellow pinstripe dress and a new sewing hobby.

    ReplyDelete