Monday 20 July 2009

Laptop Euthanasia

When Kev and I moved to the UK we took 2 laptops with us. A spritely classic PC and a new Macbook. 2 years and 6 flights later we are putting one of our laptop's to rest. This last year has been particularly rough for our little HP. Pieces of his shell just started falling off (he is missing 4 now), he started overheating after 5 minutes and would make weird distracting noises. He now has a 20 minute lifespan before he just shuts off for no reason (bless his heart). i've grown a bit attached to him because Mr. Phd has been slow to loosen his grip on the Mac. Anyway as we are packing up our house and trying to not exceed our baggage weight limit we have decided he doesn't make the cut... :( Goodbye old friend.

3 comments:

  1. good ridance P.C.

    Hehe... I meeeaaaan...I'm sorry to hear that you are loosing a "friend."

    Ash! I can't wait to see you guys! I can't believe we have to wait until the 2nd week of August to actually see you! Ahhhh!
    What is the living arrangement looking like when you get back to Calgary?

    -the other ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. well its living with the rents for the first month (Aug)and then renting. Might get a townhouse :)We will see who hires me first. Looking forward to seeing you after your trip, and looking forward to seeing new wedding pics. Keep me posted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been stalking your website like every other minute for the anticipated video! Haha...
    I thought i'd have my blog post up within half an hour but our computers decided that they HATE us and I only just got it up around 5! Gah. Our computers need some relief I'm thinking. Not the euthanasia kind of relief though ;)

    ReplyDelete